Branch has commited itself to a major campaign within the Trust. #HCA223 is our campaign to bring up the banding of our inpatient health care assistants from band 2 to band 3.
Nick McMaster, Branch Secretary and founder of the campaign says "UNISON Sussex Partnership Branch believes the banding of our inpatient health care assistants is all wrong. We believe that the type of work they do, in the settings they work, mean that they should be valued and graded at Band 3. Not only do they deserve this recognition but we feel this will help with recruitment and retention in this vital part of the workforce. We are calling on all health care assistants and their colleagues to join us and support this necessary campaign".
Branch is asking for supporters to follow the campaign on social media and whilst you do not need to be a member to get involved, the stronger UNISON is the better our chances. So if you are not in a union why not join UNISON by going to join.unison.org.uk and that way yopu get to stand up for our other hardworking NHS staff too!
Some things you can do:
- Become a member of UNISON Sussex Partnership Branch
- Follow us on social media (Facebook: Unison Sussex Partnership, Twitter: @UnisonSPFTComs, Instagram: unison_sussex_partnership)
- Encourage colleagues to join UNISON and follow us on social media
- Place our poster on staff notice boards (ask permission if not sure)
- Use the attached placards and take photos supporting the campaign then contact Nicholas McMaster via internal email.