YOUR BRANCH COMMITTEE MEETS MONTHLY and administers branch business in accordance with UNISON rules and guidance.
The branch is the main vehicle by which members participate in developing UNISON policy and objectives.
Representation on the branch committee is agreed at the AGM and will includes all branch officers and one representative from each of the self-organised groups. We currently have no self organised groups.
Members who are not part of the Branch Committee shall be welcome to attend but in an observer capacity only.
Your current Branch Committee Officers (2017-2018) are:
- Branch Secretary (Lead Steward, Brighton & Hove) - Nicholas McMaster
- Joint Assistant Branch Secretary (Leasd Steward, East Sussex) - John Ottley
- Joint Assistant Branch Secretary (Lead Steward, West Sussex & Hampshire) - Peter Atkinson
- Branch Chair - Stephen McLean
- Treasurer - John Hewitt
- Communications Officer - Nicholas McMaster
- Health & Safety Officer, East Sussex - Richard Tutty
- Health & Safety Officer, Brighton and Hove - Nicholas McMaster
- Health & Safety Officer, West Sussex - Vacant
- Labour Link Officer - Peter Atkinson
- Membership Officer - John Hewitt
- International Officer - Stephen McLean
- Environmental Officer - Tia Grice (watching brief)
- Education Officer - Tia Grice
- Lifelong Learning Officer - Lynn Foord
- Welfare Officer - Anne-Marie Ricketts
- Young Members Officer - Vacant
- Joint Equalities Officer (inc Women and Disabilities) - Jane Marter
- Joint Equalities Officer (inc BME) - Brighton Shasha
Members of the Branch Committee can be reached the Trust's internal email
Nick McMaster - 01273 621984 x 202440/ 07712 435122
John Ottley - 07710 530769
Peter Atkinson - 07734 865856
John Hewitt - 03003 041007
Anne Marie Ricketts - 07837 208877
UNISON Direct - 0800 0 857 857
We have a number of vacant positions that can be considered throughout the year at Branch Committee meetings. If you are interested in becoming a branch officer, please contact the Branch Secretary.